Install an External Platform Services Controller for vSphere 6.0
With an External Platform Services Controller you have the ability to manage multiple vCenter servers from one pane. It sounded like quite a cool option so I thought I would get it installed in the lab!
vCenter Architecture Options:
- Build a Windows Server VM with 2 CPUs and 2 GB of RAM
- Attach the vCenter 6.0 ISO to your VM
- Double click the autorun to start setup. Click Install then next
- Enter a System Name and click Next
5. Fill out the vCenter Single Sign On Information and click next
Note: The vCenter Single Sign on Domain must be different to Active directory domain or you will be presented with this message:
6. Accept the default ports and click next
7. Click next
8. Check the settings and click Install
Once setup is completed, click Finish. Now you can connect your vCenter servers to the Platform services Controller.