In a DR situation you may need to restore a virtual server using Veeam.
1. Open Veeam Backup & Replication
2. Click restore
3. Select Entire VM including registration then next
4. Click add VM then From Backup
5. Expand the backup job and select the VM you want to restore. Click next
6. Select “Restore to a new location, or with different settings” then next. This is a safer option as it will not overwrite the failed VM leaving it available later if you need anything from it.
7. Change the host server if you want to or leave the defaults and click next
8. Change the datastore as required. If you don’t have enough space on the original location select a datastore with enough free space.
9. On the folder page click Name and check “add suffix”
This is an important step to ensure the VM is not overwritten.
10. On Network click the Disconnected button. This will ensure there are no IP address conflicts when you restore the VM
11. Check the Summary and check the settings are as expected. To be double safe don’t check Power on VM after restoring. We can do this as a manual step.
Click finish to start the restore